Friday, September 09, 2005

Screencasting and Camtasia


Welcome to Margaret's e-pod, Friday afternoon, September 9, 2005.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jean-Claude Bradley, a chemistry professor at Drexel University, via e-mail this week. He introduced me to "screencasting," the software program, "Camtasia," and his lecture screencasts. In addition, he was kind enough to share with me some tutorials he has produced for novice screencasters.

Here is the link to Jean-Claude's tutorials: http://drexel-coas-elearning.wikispaces.org/
Camtasia link: http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp?CMP=KAC-CGoogle

Image source: Dr. Jean-Claude Bradley

5 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley said...

Margaret - it was nice to learn a few things about password protected feeds from you as well. (Just a note, in case any chemists fall on your site, the Lewis structure shown in your post is not completed yet in that screenshot)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger M2H said...

Jean-Claude,

The structure is now annotated to complete the formal Lewis structure for HN3. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Margaret

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley said...

Thanks for fixing - now I shouldn't get any nastygrams from chemists :)
That molecule (hydrazoic acid) brings back some nasty memories of getting accidentally poisoned in the lab. I didn't realize it was even more toxic than cyanide.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger KateB said...

Hi Margaret,

I came here via Stephen Downe's newsletter. What do you think of his comment: "Is that what they're going to be called? Educational podcasts, I mean. E-pods?" Sounds like you've started a new moniker? I like it better than 'podcasting'. Or how about "EduPod"?

I recently met Jean-Claude via my own blog. He certainly has a LOT to contribute for those of us who are just learning about podcasting. Looks like you're another of those great resource persons!

I'm going to put your feed into my aggregator. I've linked to you on my Resources website too:
http://www.ibritt.com/resources/wp_blogs.htm, as well as on my What's New blog:
http://www.ibritt.com/resources/newsblog.htm

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger traduceri said...

Excellent post. I hope you will post again soon.
___________
Minanson, part of the Traduceri legalizate team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home